header

header

10.05.2009

Fall Mantle - Tutorial Tuesday


I hang onto summer well into September. But, now that we've turned the page on the calendar and the nights are pretty nippy, it's time to bring out the Fall Mantle.

I have to admit, I'm not a huge fall decorating kind of girl. The boys have a huge "haunted trail" out back and I don't like the scarecrow, bale of hay thing out front (mostly because I'm lazy and begin my Christmas decorating right after Thanksgiving).

I keep it pretty simple around here. I do a bit with the mantle and place a pumpkin here and there and call it a day.

For the most part, I shopped the house. But, I picked up this fantastic wreath from TJ Maxx for about $30 last year. It has apples and pomegranates and it has the same color green as my wall. It's just about perfect! A tall orange pitcher, some moss in a dish, a pumpkin standing in for a candle on the candle stick...



I nestled my bird nest in some brilliant red fall leaves and sprinkled it with colorful feathers I stole off the ground by my neighbor's feeders...shhhh...



A fabric pumpkin nestles on the hearth:




A fun paper leaf garland to string haphazardly over it all:



Here are some tutorials to help if you're interested in crafting the pumpkin or garland:

Easy Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial

Simple and Beautiful Paper Leaf Garland Tutorial

Head on over to A Soft Place to Land to see some other Fall DIY projects

DIY Day @ ASPTL


.

28 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer!! :) I love that unique wreath, and the leaf garland is too cute. Stopping by from Kimba's party tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous. I love that leaf garland, I might have to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that looks great but I am a less is more kind of gal.

    I looovveeee fall decorating...I'm too lazy to do it all for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I LOVE your garland :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jennifer,
    It looks great. I love the fabric pumpkin and your wreath is perfect above your hearth. Congrats on being #1 at DIY :). Isn't it a thrill?

    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so Pretty! LOVE the pumpkins and your tutorial is the EASIEST I've seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love it! I wish we had a fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never think to decorate for fall because Christmas is so close. (read... lazy!) Your adorable wreath has me second guessing that.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful. Yes, I guess it is time to get the pumpkins out. Time is FLYING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fall decor, it's simple and beautiful! God's blessings on your week, Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that green wall color! Simple and classic fall decorating...looks awesome :o) I'm a new follower...
    peace, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fall decorations...looks great!!

    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! Especially like the paper leaf vine...very unique! ~Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely L-O-V-E your mantels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mantle designs are beautiful! If you have a chance, check out my site for more mantle design info. http://www.networx.com/article/make-the-most-of-your-mantel

    I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so darling! I'm diggin your fireplace displays - I just posted about my fireplace on my new little blog if ya wanna pop over for a visit. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous! I can't wait to get all my fall stuff out and decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great fall projects and tutorials!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're right, that wreath is perfect! And gorgeous. I love your simple look.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks amazing! Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The nest with the leaves and feathers is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so good! I'd be thrilled if I were to change my mantle out once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the blog (I found it after purchasing one of your family trees from Etsy last Christmas)! I'd like to tag you with an Honest Scrap Award!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really enjoyed looking around your blog! What great ideas!! I love Fall decor.

    Eliza’s blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE THIS! Esp. the little bowl with a nest... awww.

    Blessings,
    LMM

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work