header

header

10.21.2009

Pumpkin Cobbler



I love to pull out a handwritten recipe from my file and set to work cooking something that brings warm memories of a moment in time.

I was reading Heather's blog, Mindless Junque, (my "friend" who doesn't know I exist) last week and she mentioned making Pumpkin Crisp. It reminded me of something tucked away in my recipe file for Pumpkin Cobbler, a recipe handed down from my Step-Mom's Mom. I decided it was the perfect dessert with the Pan Seared Pork Chops with Apple Chutney I was planning for dinner.

So, without further ado, here is...

Dora's Pumpkin Cobbler

Crust:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 egg

Mix, and reserve 1 cup. Spread the remaining mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan.

Filling:

16 oz can pumpkin
5 oz can evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Mix ingredients together and pour over the "crust" already in pan.

Topping:

1 cup reserved cake mixture
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. softened butter
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix topping ingredients and dot over the top of the pumpkin filling (I like more coverage on top, so I take clumps of the dough and press in irregular, flattened shapes to place over the pumpkin mixture)

Bake 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream. YUM!

22 comments:

  1. Gosh I'd love to bake that but every time I do bake I gotta grab all the pots and pans my family stores in the oven out and back in again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you make this in like a 9x13 pan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are SO good!

    I make this exact same recipe!! (Except we call them pumpkin bars =0)

    This recpe also brings back memories for me from when my mom used to make these each Autumn and I love keeping that tradition each year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This sounds so delish! I'm going to make it and surprise hubby with it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!! I am so going to try this one. I have been making so many apple things that I have forgotten about pumpkin!! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems easy enough. And looks damn good too. I'm getting hungry. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yummy!!
    I had some pumpkin spice frozen yogurt yesterday (because the temp. was actually above freezing), and now I am craving pumpkin everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay. You got me "PUMPKIN" ....yipee!! One more thing I can make with the pumpkin spice I spent $6.00 on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy! I pulled out a few old recipes of my grandmothers, but didn't have time to cook them this week. Don't they make you feel good just to hold them? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds wonderful! I might be adding it to my Thanksgiving menu :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks & sounds divine! I love anything with pumpkin in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm...looks scrumptious! I can't wait to try this one...thanks soooo much for sharing it.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have made the peach and apple recipes that are similar to this but I have never heard of it done with pumpkin. Sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so yummy. And after reading about those pork chops, I went through your recipe stash! They sound great (too) Thanks for the recipes!!! (dropping by from Rhoda's recipe swap)

    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Scrumpdillyicious! First one I picked from the list to look at...glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! sounds so YUMMY!!! and EASY!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Golly this looks delish! I can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work