header

header

3.16.2011

A Lovely Egg



I've said before that eggs are my favorite food. I love them prepared any which way! While watching "Man Vs. Food" on the Travel Channel a few weeks ago, host Adam Richman taught me a brand new way of preparing an egg!

Want to learn?

Lovely Basted Eggs

Heat a non-stick pan with a bit of butter or non-stick cooking spray.

Crack your egg into the pan.

Add 2 tablespoons of water next to the egg.

Quickly cover with a tight fitting lid.

Turn heat down to medium and leave covered for about 2 minutes.

Slide egg onto plate!

This egg is so beautiful, so silky, so lovely! It's like a cross between a poached egg and a fried egg! It's heaven!

Don't forget to scroll down to join Tutorial Tuesday if you haven't already!
.

13 comments:

  1. OMGosh...I have been cooking my eggs that way forever!!! I have been laughed at, but they always come out great and no broken yolks from trying to flip them.

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way, I'm gonna try that :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poached have always been my fave but I don't think I've ever had a basted egg before - CRAZY. now I certainly will.

    p.s. have it with a piece of buttered toast cut into bite size pieces and a few dashes of louisiana hot sauce. oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's how my husband taught me to cook his eggs. i thought he was crazy at first, but you're right...they are perfectly done that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh. I've never heard of that before either. I'm trying it the next time i make an egg.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the white part isn't runny at all? I always have to flip mine to get the white all the way cooked. I can't stand for it to be jiggly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I love watching man V food, except for the fact that it always makes us hungry!
    That egg looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhh, yummy! I love fried eggs but not the grease. This sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sitting there, eating a scrambled egg when I read your post. Mmaybe I should try those. For me. Not my kids. They wouldn't dare eat a runny yolk. Spoil sports.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never seen this way of cooking it before either...Then saw Lucinda Scala Quinn make them this way on Mad Hungry (over a bowl of rice w/ hot sauce). I swear that I probably won't make a fried egg any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I've been eating eggs like this since I was a child! *gasp* My Dad called them "Boobie eggs" so I didn't know they had a PC name :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother just introduced me to basted eggs over Christmas, and it is my new favorite way to eat eggs. It is kind of like a fried egg without all the brown crispy stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work