header

header

9.26.2011

An Unexpected Wreath



Inspired by the Nester's Cool and Unusual Wreath Party I made a cool wreath...then promptly missed the party. Boo.

So, you get to see what I came up with (better late than never!) I needed a lightweight wreath for the glass door leading down to my basement.

Supplies:


Ceiling medallion (you can find these at home improvement stores, but an old one from a salvage place would be cool!)
Spray paint (I used a gloss)
Stain
Rag
Ribbon
or in my case an old scarf for hanging


I spray painted my medallion.



Brushed stain into all the nooks and crannies.





Wiped most of the stain away with a rag.



Then I pulled an old scarf through the hole and tied with a bow.



I hung it from a clear wreath holder and it's the perfect, lightweight wreath!



What unusual things have YOU used to make a wreath lately? Linked at: Savvy Southern Style

.

17 comments:

  1. Love it. Thanks for sharing

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great wreath, love the colour!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!!!

    But then I'm not surprised.

    Janet xox

    I may need to make one for my front door!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - that's very clever! Repurposing at it's best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!! What a great fall color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really clever and I LOVE the color and the way you aged it -- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this is awesome, I love the colour you chose and the overall details!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I really like that you used a scarf. (I have so many I need to get rid of...and haven't.)

    I must find a clear wreath hanger. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this idea and you could make it work for any season with a paint change. My unusual wreath making supply is using a tennis racket as the base.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever, love it. That color is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Simple and beautiful! I would love for you to share this idea on my link party at cookienut.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so different yet so pretty! It makes such a pretty wreath and I absolutely adore the colors. So lovely...and look at you with using a simple scarf. Now how clever is that? Thank you so much for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really cool idea...I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this wreath ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, I have to make one!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work